Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 23rd Feb 2023.
Documented below are the general terms and conditions (T&Cs) for the use of www.mrswordsmith.com
and all associated subdomains and the Mrs Wordsmith Apps. These T&Cs are an agreement between you and us, Hatch House Games Ltd. trading under the name "Mrs Wordsmith" and our controlled subsidiaries, agencies and trading partners.
By using our website and all associated subdomains or Apps you are accepting the T&Cs outlined in this policy. Should you disagree with the T&Cs outlined herein, you must refrain from using the site and all associated services provided by Mrs Wordsmith. Mrs Wordsmith withholds the right to prohibit you from using our website and Apps if you refuse to accept or abide by the T&Cs outlined in this document. Continuing to use the site without accepting these T&Cs constitutes unauthorized access to the site and all associated services.
Mrs Wordsmith may change, limit, suspend or terminate the clauses that make up these Terms and Conditions at any time without any need to request your consent. If you have made a purchase from Mrs Wordsmith, the T&Cs that apply to you / your order are the ones that were live at the time of your purchase. Please note that in all instances these Terms & Conditions will not affect your consumer rights and it is intended the clauses outlined in this document are deployed to their fullest extent within the bounds of the governing laws of England and Wales - the location in which Hatch House Games Ltd. trading under the name "Mrs Wordsmith" is registered. Each of the clauses of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect. If Mrs Wordsmith delay in enforcing this contract, it can still be enforced later.
Website and Apps Terms & Conditions
1. Intellectual Property
You agree that all assets used to produce and run the Mrs Wordsmith website and Apps contain proprietary information and materials that are owned by Mrs Wordsmith, its licencors and/or Content providers. All intellectual property rights in the Apps and the Digital Content throughout the world belong to Mrs Wordsmith or our licensors and the rights in the Apps and the Digital Content are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in/to the Apps or the Digital Content other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
All assets protected under these clauses shall include but are not limited to:
- Product information (e.g. product names, product designs, product imagery etc.)
- Gameplay and game mechanics
- Commercial content (e.g. marketing copy, customer quotations, product information etc.)
- Editorial content (e.g. descriptive copy, policies, research etc.)
- Graphics (e.g. images, logos, photographs etc.)
- User interface (e.g. page designs, buttons, forms, user journey flows etc.)
- Audio clips
- Video clips
- HTML code, scripts and software
You understand that these are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws including but not limited to copyright. You agree that you will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of the service as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy. No portion of the assets may be transferred or reproduced in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted by these T&Cs. You agree not to modify, rent, loan, sell, share or distribute these assets in any manner and you shall not exploit the services in any manner not expressly authorised in writing by Mrs Wordsmith.
The following trade marks are registered: '10,000 Word Journey', 'AGORA', 'AGORA COUNCIL', ‘BARKSY’, 'English is Britain's greatest export', 'Epic Word Adventure', 'FOOLPROOF READING', ‘MRS WORDSMITH’, ‘MY EPIC LIFE’, 'PLANET AGORA', 'READERBOARD', ‘READICULOUS’, 'SCOOTIES', ‘SEE IT! STICK IT!’, 'STORYTELLER'S EPIC', 'Storyteller's Illustrated Dictionary', 'VOCABULARIOUS', ‘WORD TAG’, ‘WORD TAG EPIC ADVENTURE GAME’ and 'Wordflix' are trademarks of Hatch House Games Limited and are registered (or applications for registrations have been filed) in many jurisdictions. You are not permitted to use them without Mrs Wordsmith's approval.
3. Privacy and Cookie Policies
4. Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall Mrs Wordsmith or it's employees, directors, officers or contributors be liable for any direct or indirect losses or damages arising out of our in connection with your use of inability to use www.MrsWordsmith.com
or any of the Mrs Wordsmith Apps.
This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all losses and damages of any kind be they general, special, consequential, incidental, exemplary or otherwise including without limitation loss of data, income, anticipated savings, business opportunity, goodwill, reputation or profits even if Mrs Wordsmith has been advised or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with the site, any content on the site or these T&Cs your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site or to obtain written confirmation from Mrs Wordsmith that you may use the site under special terms. You acknowledge by your use of the site that you use the site at your own risk. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of liability set forth above so this limitation of liability may not apply to you and you have ave rights additional to those contained herein.
5. Links to Third Party Websites
The Mrs Wordsmith website contains links to other sites operated by third parties. These links are available for your convenience and are intended only to enable access to these third party sites and for no other purpose. Mrs Wordsmith does not warrant or make any representation about the substance, quality, functionality, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability or any other representation about any third party site of its content products or services. A link to a third party site on www.MrsWordsmith.com
6. Transferring this agreement
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
7. Dispute Resolution
Failing this, any further unresolved disputes which are not duly in the process of equitable resolution shall be resolved by binding arbitration or in small claims court. This includes any claims against other parties relating to Mrs Wordsmith's services or products provided to you whenever you also assert claims against Mrs Wordsmith in the same proceeding.
These terms and conditions shall be construed and the performance thereof governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any claims arising under this contract.
Hatch House Games, trading under "Mrs Wordsmith" is a company registered in England and Wales. The company's registration number is 12625063 and the registered office is at Hatch House Farm, West Woodhay, Newbury, Berkshire, England, RG20 0BH. The company's registered VAT number is GB 372 7544 76.
For the purposes of these T&Cs, emails are considered delivered when there is proof that they have sent to the recipient's mailbox. Mrs Wordsmith accepts no liability for email communications being sent to spam folders and the consequences of such events.
Mrs Wordsmith may contact you via the telephone or email address you provided in your order or account information.
Website Specific Terms & Conditions
9. Information on our website
Mrs Wordsmith will always endeavor to be as accurate as possible with the information we present on www.MrsWordsmith.com
and shall make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of the products we sell, the services we offer and the campaigns we run. Mrs Wordsmith does not warrant that all content is accurate, complete or error free. Mrs Wordsmith reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on www.MrsWordsmith.com
at any time, without prior notice.
Prices and promotions are subject to change and may vary from those offered in advertisements across the internet. Products themselves may differ slightly in colour or design from images posted on the website. Mrs Wordsmith cannot confirm the availability or price of an item until you place your order. Mrs Wordsmith also cannot confirm the validity of an offer code until it is added to your order. Despite Mrs Wordsmith's best efforts, sometimes an item from an advertisement may not be available, the item may have been misstated or an item may be mispriced. For any of these reasons, Mrs Wordsmith may cancel your order and / or contact you for instructions on the order.
10. Website Acceptable Use Policy
Below are detailed the acceptable uses of our website and Apps as well as those uses deemed unacceptable. If you fail, or Mrs Wordsmith suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of the provision of this agreement, Mrs Wordsmith may, without notice to you terminate your access to the website or app, prevent you from accessing your account, stop you from making any further orders or inquiries and withhold any further access to services. Mrs Wordsmith will do this while you still remain liable for all amounts due under you account up to and including the date of termination.
10.1. You may use our website services to:
- Lawfully purchase Mrs Wordsmith's branded products
- Learn about the Mrs Wordsmith brand and our product range
- Get in contact with Mrs Wordsmith's team to discuss...
- Your previous, current and future orders
- Our products
- The company itself
- Access our free learning resources and research blog
10.2. You may not use our website services to:
- Break the law
- Attempt to falsely acquire Mrs Wordsmith products with no intention of paying for them
- Violate copyright laws of any kind including...
- Copying or distributing any content created by Mrs Wordsmith without first obtaining full written permission from Mrs Wordsmith
- Copying or distributing any trademarks, logos, images or physical products created as the intellectual property of Mrs Wordsmith
- Distribute objectionable, offensive, unlawful, deceptive, inaccurate or harmful content
- Distribute personal, private or confidential information belonging to others without their consent
- Impersonate another person without their consent
- Hack or in anyway introduce viruses or malware to our website or to other online services linked to our website
- Spam our contact channels with irrelevant, indecent or harmful content
11.Pricing and Payments
Generally Mrs Wordsmith will only charge your payment method for an order as soon as your order request has been submitted and received by Mrs Wordsmith's online order platform. If a payment method is rejected or payment isn't otherwise received at the time or placing the order then the order will be put on hold until the payment is duly received. If you have elected to pay via a bank transfer your order will remain on hold until Mrs Wordsmith can acknowledge receipt of the funds. Please note that bank transfers are your responsibility and Mrs Wordsmith is under no obligation to contact you to follow up your bank transfer request should you not submit your payment by bank transfer for your order.
12. Order Cancellation
Should a you create an order by mistake or otherwise need to cancel your order you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org
within 10 minutes of receiving your order confirmation email. Contacting Mrs Wordsmith after that initial 10 minutes forfeits any guarantee that we will be able to cancel your order. If your order is dispatched to you before we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation request, Mrs Wordsmith withholds the right to refuse offering you a refund for any error that was reasonably outside of Mrs Wordsmith's control. Should a refund be issued on an order for any reason, the payment will generally be made back to the original payment method.
13. Returns and Refunds Policy
If you are not fully satisfied with a physical product purchase from Mrs Wordsmith you may be allowed to return it and receive a full or partial refund in accordance with this Returns and Refunds Policy. The Returns and Refunds Policy is incorporated into these Terms & Conditions in is entirety.
13.1. The Returns and Refunds process
Should you wish to begin a returns process you must first inform Mrs Wordsmith by sending an email to email@example.com
within 30 days of receiving your order. Contact made after this window may reduce the likelihood that your returns request will be accepted. Once contact has been made, Mrs Wordsmith will respond to your returns query and advise on the process you must follow to send back your order. Once Mrs Wordsmith has qualified the receipt of your returned item and has verified the condition of the item is as expected then a refund will generally be processed to the payment method that was used in the original purchase within 5 working days.
13.2. Returns eligibility
Returns are eligible in the following circumstances:
- Any product which arrives in a manner jointly agreed by you and Mrs Wordsmith to be defective will be eligible for a returns process so long as contact is made within 30 days of receipt. Mrs Wordsmith withholds the right to mandate the provision of photographic evidence of defective products before determining whether it can agree that a product arrived in a defective manner. If Mrs Wordsmith suspects you have deliberately damaged the product then a return request may be denied.
- Any product which you decide you wish to return to Mrs Wordsmith despite being in good condition may be returned at the sole discretion of Mrs Wordsmith. Mrs Wordsmith withholds the right to refuse a return of a product which is in good condition and was purchased intentionally.
14. Shipping policy
14.1. Shipping timelines and pricing
Mrs Wordsmith will deliver physical products to you through a fulfillment service. Depending on the products you order, your region and the courier used both the standard and expedited shipping timeline and cost may vary. Mrs Wordsmith holds the right to alter the shipping timelines and charges at their own discretion. Mrs Wordsmith will endeavor to ensure delivery timelines are publicised clearly on www.MrsWordsmith.com
but holds no liability for any discrepancies or errors that may occur in the provision of these estimates. Delivery timelines are often fast changing and you accept that Mrs Wordsmith is not able to guarantee any delivery dates advertised to you. Mrs Wordsmith accepts no responsibility for changes to your shipping timeline that are reasonably outside of Mrs Wordsmith's control.
Once an order is placed and received by the online order platform, the shipping cost at the time of order shall be charged to your designated payment method and shall make up a portion of your total order cost. In certain circumstances, some items may incur no shipping cost or an offer code may be used to reduce or eliminate the shipping cost for an order. Mrs Wordsmith holds the right to dictate the validity of these codes on and ongoing basis.
14.1.1. Standard Shipping
Orders will generally be picked, packed and dispatched within 2 business days under standard shipping conditions. Under standard shipping, an independent courier commissioned by the fulfillment service will deliver your order to the delivery address you provided within that courier's standard shipping timelines so long as the address provided is valid. Mrs Wordsmith cannot guarantee any specific timelines for delivery as responsibility for delivery timelines lies with the courier.
14.1.2. Expedited Shipping
If expedited shipping is selected, the order will generally be dispatched within the same working day if ordered before noon or the next working day if ordered after noon. Under expedited shipping, an independent courier commissioned by the fulfillment service will deliver your order to the delivery address you provided to us within that courier's expedited shipping timelines so long as the address provided is valid. Mrs Wordsmith cannot guarantee any specific timelines for delivery as responsibility for delivery timelines lies with the courier.
14.2. Amending shipping address
If you wish to amend the shipping address on your order you have a limited window to do so. Within the first 10 minutes of placing an order you can amend the delivery address on the order confirmation page itself. If you have navigated away from the page you can also amend the address from the account page. If you do not already have an account set up, you can do this at any time by creating an account using the same email address as your order. This will then auto-populate your account with your order history - enabling you to amend the delivery address. If 10 minutes have elapsed since the time you placed your order, any edits to the delivery address will not be pulled through to Mrs Wordsmith's fulfillment service and your package will not be sent to a different address.
15. Digital product fulfillment
Any digital or printable products purchased from Mrs Wordsmith will be delivered to you digitally as soon as possible once the order has been placed. This is usually within an hour of order confirmation. On purchase of a digital or printable product you promise not to distribute the downloadable file with any other person outside of your household and shall not produce, amend or distribute copies of the digital materials to anyone outside of your household. You especially shall never use the material for any personal or professional commercial gain.
For bulk orders of digital or printable products indented for distribution with a larger audience, you will contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and receive prior written permission before doing so. You will follow all rules stipulated to you in that permission and breaching any rule shall constitute a breach of the permission. Mrs Wordsmith withholds the right to retrospectively edit the permissions that it has afforded you at any time with out your consent.
Should you be suspected of violating any of these terms, Mrs Wordsmith may revoke your access to the digital or printable product files without needing your permission and Mrs Wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund you for the order should this violation be suspected.
Returns and refunds for digital and printable products shall be handled directly through email@example.com
on a case-by-case basis. Should any evidence be found to imply you have downloaded a digital product, Mrs Wordsmith withholds the right to refuse to offer a refund under the assumption that we cannot remove the digital material from you once downloaded to your local device.
16. Missing order items
If you notice an order is delivered to you with items missing then you will have 30 days from the delivery date to contact Mrs Wordsmith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
providing your order number and clarification of which items are missing. Mrs Wordsmith withholds the right to mandate the provision of photographic evidence of the missing items before investigating the issue further. If you and Mrs Wordsmith jointly agree that there is sufficient evidence that an item was missed from your order then Mrs Wordsmith will investigate the issue to settle the dispute. This may lead to the fulfillment and delivery of the missing items or a partial refund of your total order value. Mrs Wordsmith holds final say on what resolution shall be provided to you in recognition of the missing items. Note that contacting Mrs Wordsmith outside of the 30 day window proceeding your order means you forfeit the obligation for Mrs Wordsmith to resolve your claim. Mrs Wordsmith may still choose to resolve your issue but at Mrs Wordsmith's sole discretion.
Apps Specific Terms & Conditions
17. The Apps Store and Google Play Store
The ways in which you can use Mrs Wordsmith Apps may also be controlled by the Apps Store and Google Play Store’s rules and policies. Those rules and policies will apply instead of these terms where there are differences between the two.
If you have subscribed via either of the mobile appstores, Mrs Wordsmith has no control over subscriptions that you purchase for Apps through Apple or Google Play. You must contact Apple or Google to cancel any subscriptions for Apps that you have purchasedIf you have subscribed via the mobile app web page on mrswordsmith.com you can visit this link to manage or cancel your subscription
19. Operating system requirements
The Apps require a smart device similar to iPhone or iPad with iOS version 11.0 or higher.
20. Support for the Apps and how to report problems
If you think the Apps and/or the Digital Content are faulty or mis-described or wish to contact Mrs Wordsmith for support or any other reason, please email email@example.com
Should Mrs Wordsmith need to contact you about anything regarding the App, Mrs Wordsmith will do so by email using the contact details you have provided.
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms, you may:
- download a copy of the Apps onto your own devices and view, use and display the Apps on those devices for your personal purposes only. In addition, you may:
- Share the Apps in accordance with Apple and Google’s rules and policies on family sharing;
- allow the other members of your household to use it solely for personal and non-commercial purposes;
You legally promise (warrant) that you will ensure that anyone else using the Apps (as described above) will comply with these terms.
- provided that you comply with the licence restrictions, make copies of the for backup purposes; and
- receive and use any free update of the Apps (for example, incorporating ‘patches’ and corrections of errors) that we make available.
To accept these terms and/or purchase a subscription to the App, you must be and you legally promise (warrant) that you are a consumer (in other words, an individual acting for purposes that are wholly/mainly outside of your trade, business, craft or profession) and you make a legal promise that you are:
- aged 18 or older; and
- the legal age of majority or older in the place where you habitually reside.
You may not transfer the Apps or the Digital Content to someone else.
We are giving you personally the right to use:
- the Apps as set out in these Terms & Conditions
- the Digital Content as set out in these Terms & Conditions
While you may have sharing rights, you may not otherwise transfer or share the Apps or the Digital Content with/to someone else (whether for money, for anything else or for free).
Before selling any device on which the Apps are installed and/or the Digital Content is stored, you must remove the Apps and/or Digital Content from it.
22. Changes to these terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. If you do not accept any changes, you:
- will not be permitted to continue to use the App; and
- may apply to Apple or Google to cancel your subscription, which will reflect the period the Apps has been available to you prior to cancellation.
23. Updates to the Apps
From time to time we may automatically update the Apps to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update the Apps.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates, you:
- may not be able to use the most recent version the Apps;
- may continue to use the version of the Apps currently installed on your device(s) if that version is still operable
- acknowledge and accept that should the older version of the Apps stop working or in any way have it's service affected, you cannot lodge any complaint against Mrs Wordsmith for your reduced service level as it was your decision not to install the free update provided to you by Mrs Wordsmith
24. Licence to downloadable content
When you purchase a subscription to the Apps for a year, we may provide you with a code to allow you to (along with details of how to) download printable booklets from our website (Digital Content).
Once you have downloaded the Digital Content, you have a limited licence to the Digital Content. Please refer to the section of these Terms & Conditions referring to Digital Product Fulfillment
for information about the T&Cs regarding this content.
25. Apps Licence restrictions
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the Apps in any form (in whole or in part) to any person without prior written consent from us;
- except as part of the normal use of the Apps or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security, not copy the App;
- except as necessary to use the Apps on devices as permitted in these terms, not:
- translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App;
- permit the Apps (or any part of it) to be combined with (or become incorporated in) any other programs;
- disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App
26. Apps Acceptable Use Policy
- not use the Apps in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these terms
- not act fraudulently or maliciously (for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code such as viruses or harmful data) into the Apps or any operating system
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Apps (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms)
- not create an account using a false identity of false information
- leverage the Apps for you own commercial gain (this includes any commercial activity in which you sell access to the Apps or any part of the Apps or information stored within the Apps for your own financial gain)
- not gain access to another user's account without their prior written permission
- not use the Apps in any manner that violated any applicable laws or regulations or is prohibited by these T&Cs
- not collect or harvest any user data or information relating to other users
- use the Apps for anything other than their intended purpose
- not post or upload any explicit, malicious, deceitful, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, insulting, tortuous, defamatory, libelous or otherwise inappropriate or offensive content to the Apps as determined by Mrs Wordsmith in it's sole discretion
- Check that the Apps are suitable for you. The Apps has not been developed to meet any particular individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the Apps (as described on the Apps Store or Google Play) meet your requirements
27. Limitations to the Apps
The Apps and the Digital Content are provided for general information and entertainment purposes only. They do not offer advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking (or refraining from) any action on the basis of information obtained from the Apps or the Digital Content. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the Apps and the Digital Content, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.